Fixing method – Decals
You will need:
· A felt scraper (included with your order)
· Cleaning materials for the surface (preferably a grease solvent)
For best results, we recommend that you wash the surface you want to apply your decal to using a grease solvent, ideally washing-up liquid or window cleaner. However, make sure that the surface is completely dry before application begins. If grease or dirt is left under your decal, this will reduce its durability and may cause the decal not to adhere properly.
Note also that decals adhere poorly in cold temperatures (below 15 °C). If you plan to apply your decal outdoors in low temperatures, we recommend that you heat the surface using a hair dryer or heat gun. Make sure you do not overheat or damage the surface.
1. Hold your design up where you want to put it and make sure it is straight. Mark two or more points on the wall (which can be removed later) that you can use for reference during application. Ideally, this should be at the corners or at 4 different points around the design.
2. Then pull off the protective paper on the rear of your design.
3. Centre your decal within the marks you made and press it into place, working your way from the middle out towards the edges and sides.
4. Go over your decal with the felt scraper that came with your order or a dry cloth to squeeze out any air bubbles.
Removing a decal or vinyl
It’s easy to remove an old decal or vinyl design!
Carefully heat up the decal/vinyl using a hair dryer or heat gun and then pull it away, starting in one corner. Feel free to work in stages with one small part of the design at a time and make sure that you do not overheat or damage the surface. Please note that we do not recommend using a knife or other sharp object as this could easily damage the surface underneath.
If there are any adhesive residues after you have removed the design, rub them off using a solvent (e.g. methylated spirits).